The admitted mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other suspects will head to New York City, blocks from Ground Zero, to face a federal trial in civilian court and it is creating quite the controversy.
I appeared on Lawyer2Lawyer, with co-hosts and attorneys, Bob Ambrogi and J. Craig Williams. Also appearing was Attorney Tara L. Murray, U.S. Counsel for Reprieve we discussed this controversial federal trial in a NY civilian court, the ongoing legal work in Guantanamo and ultimately the closing of Guantanamo.
Greg McNeal is a professor and national security specialist focusing on the institutions and challenges associated with global security, with substantive expertise in national security law and policy, transnational crime, global policy studies, and international affairs.
He teaches at Pepperdine University's School of Law and School of Public Policy.
- The Perils of Militarizing The Fight Against Transnational Organized Crime
- War Against Transnational Organized Crime?
- Drone Warfare And Constitutional Accountability
- Uber and Driverless Cars – Innovation vs. Regulation
- Domestic Drones: FAA Regulations, Privacy, Property, Tort and Other Emergent Issues
LawProfs on Twitter